If you have leftover ripe banana, don’t leave them to rot just yet! They are best to be used for this Upside Down Banana Cake recipe. Though there’s no wrong in using the normal bananas, it is better to use ripe bananas only because it tastes sweeter and tastier. Perfect as an afternoon hi-tea dessert with your family, this recipe is very easy to follow.
Here’s a little secret, pour the caramel over the bananas. The result will leave you speechless! Definitely, it’s a unique dessert to try right now. Let’s start with preparing the ingredients first.
Bananas – x5
Sugar – 400g
Water – 125ml
Eggs – 3
Butter – 2 tbsp
Sugar – 200g
Flour – 240g
Milk – 240ml
Baking Powder – 1 tbsp
Now, let’s proceed to making the cake.
1. Peel the bananas and slice into half
2. Layout the bottom of the mold with bananas.
3. Put 2 cups of sugar and 1/2 cup of water and boil into caramel color, low heat, and slowly cook until it turns to maroon colour.
4. Pour the caramel on the bananas.
5. Add 3 eggs, 1 cup of sugar, 2 tbsp butter, and use beater to mix it well. After that, add 1 cup of milk and mix it again
6. Add 2 cups flour, 1 tbsp baking powder and continue to mix it. Let it rest for 30 minutes.
7. Pour the dough onto bananas and bake for 35 minutes at 180C.
8. Put a board on top of the mold and turn upside down.
Prepare to have your taste buds exploded with the sweet banana caramelized taste. Enjoy ~
With the right instructions, baking is super easy and enjoyable! However, if you have any confusions or inquiries, we are always ready to help.
In the meantime, if you are an aspiring baker and curious to explore more about the baking world or want to know more about dessert recipes and tips and tricks, you can head on over here or browse through an array of both of our online and offline classes. If you’re a social media enthusiast, you can stay updated through our Facebook.