The Hokkaido Chiffon Cake is light, fluffy and stuffed with delicious cream filling at its center. It is a dessert that is just so versatile – can be served in any events or even any eating time. Malaysians often use this cake as a sweet treat for weddings, picnics and even brought by school kids for their annual class function! Everyone, regardless of age loves this light and creamy Japanese desserts. Seeming that they are loved by many, it is time for you to join the bandwagon and try making Hokkaido Chiffon Cake and try it for yourself!
Fine sugar – 76g
Corn oil – 25g
Eggs – 3 nos
Milk – 35g
Whipped cream – 100ml
Low-gluten flour – 35g
Custard powder – 1.5tsp
1. First, separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
2. Add 38g of granulated sugar to the egg yolk and mix well with a whisk.
3. After that, add 25g of corn oil and 35g of milk, mix well and then sieve the low-gluten flour.
4. Whip the egg whites with an electric eggbeater. When there are large bubbles in the egg whites, add 30g of fine sugar in portions.
5. Continue to beat until foam peaks.
6. Preheat the oven first, add 1/3 of the egg white paste to the egg yolk paste, and mix well with a spatula in a cutting and mixing manner. After that, pour the cake batter into the remaining egg yolk batter and mix well.
7. Pour the cake batter into the cake paper cup. Don’t pour too much cake batter, or it will overflow when baking. Before placing in the oven, shake twice to knock out large bubbles.
8. Put the cake into the oven and bake at 160 degrees Celcius for 25 minutes.
9. Invert the baked cake to avoid shrinkage of the cake tissue. Now it’s time to prepare for whipping cream.
10. Add 8g of fine granulated sugar to the whipped cream, then pour 100g of custard sauce, and use an electric mixed to beat it until it is thick.
11. Prepare a piping bag and pipe the mixed custard sauce into it and then squeeze it into the cake.
12. Finally, sprinkle sugar on the cake surface and store in the fridge for 1 hour before serving.
Voila! It is ready for serving. With our guidance, you can get yourself a failed-proof and yummy dessert. Take the pressure off yourself and bake worry-free. But you if your cakes aren’t turning out the way it should, don’t hesitate to ask for our help join and ask for the opinions of our helpful community! Both lines are always ready to tend to your baking needs.
If you are an aspiring baker, you can head on over here for more of our variety of tips and tricks and dessert recipes that are sure to help you in your baking journey. You are welcomed to join our online and offline classes, too! If you’re a social media enthusiast, you can stay updated through our Facebook.