This is one of the simplest custard-based desserts you can make. You only need 3 main ingredients and no oven and egg beater needed! While it might sound fancy and look a little fancier, it really is just a custard made of white sugar, milk, and eggs.
Served warm or chilled, this caramel-glazed classic is both a comforting and elegant dessert. Let’s try it out.
Water – 60ml
White Sugar – 60g
Milk – 200ml
Eggs – 2
1. Add 30ml of water into the pot and 30g of white sugar, no need to stir, low heat, and slowly cook until the sugar melts.
2. Water will evaporate slowly and boiled it until turn to brown colour. Turn off the fire and add 30ml water then the caramel is ready.
3. Wait Until no bubbles and the caramel is still warm, pour into a small bowl.
4. Add 200ml of fresh milk & 30g white sugar into the pot, cook until steaming then turn off the fire.
5. Stir two eggs and slowly add in the milk and stir in while pouring the milk. There is foam on the surface after stirring and need to be filtered.
6. After filtered then pour into the ready caramel in the small bowl and cover with foil or plastic wrap.
7. Put in the pot and steam for 10 minutes. Then take it out and let it cool then remove the foil.
8. Run a small knife around the edge of the caramel pudding and carefully invert onto a plate.
and… TADAA! You’re done!
Surprisingly easy, is it not? We really hope you guys do try this out and let us know what you guys think in the comment section below.
In the meantime, if you’re interested in baking, or want to learn more about baking or dessert recipes and tips and tricks- head on over here or browse through an array of both of our online and offline classes.