Bread is an important staple food that we’re all familiar with, it is even one of the world’s oldest food. You can probably find a loaf of bread in many households, because obviously, one loaf of bread can have many uses, you can spread jam or peanut butter on it, use it to make toast or any other dishes and pastries. Besides the normal bread loaf, you have probably heard of buns, breadsticks, pretzels and croissants. But bread does not only stop there, nope, not only those, there are also a wide variety of other types, shapes, sizes and textures of bread available around the world. It is so universally loved! Bread may be served at any meal of the day, eaten as a snack or even used as an ingredient in other recipes. Eating bread is also quite healthy as it provides us with energy and contributes protein into our daily diet.
Bread is amazing isn’t it? Which is why we love eating it so much, and for some they even love baking it. If you love baking bread then we have a small tip for you. Did you know there is one dough that can bake up to 7 different types of bread? Sounds amazing right? Well, we have the recipe for that wonderful dough right here! In the first part of this article, we will teach you the ingredients and steps to make the dough, then at the next part we will provide 7 different bread recipes for you to try out! One dough, 7 ways! Don’t call yourself a bread connoisseur until you have tried baking all of them! So what are you waiting for, let’s start rolling the dough~
First, we’ll start by making the bread dough. This is the main and most important part of all the bread recipes! Since with only one dough you can already make so many different types of bread and buns. The ingredients and steps are right here. Pay close attention so you don’t miss anything~
Milk Powder 2 tsp
Plain Flour 150g
Granulated Sugar 50g
Dry Yeast 2 tsp
High Protein Flour 350g
Salt 1/2 tsp
- Add all the ingredients (except butter) to the bowl and knead with your hands or dough mixer until everything is evenly mixed.
- Add butter and knead until smooth and can be stretched.
- Then place the dough in a warmer place and leave it to rise for an hour to double the size.
- Take out the dough and roll it with a rolling pin to release the bubbles.
Voila! Your bread dough is ready! Now you can move on to the next step, which is choosing which bread you would like to make. We have 7 amazing recipes here for you to choose from. From buns to breadsticks, freely pick whichever that you like, I’m sure it will end up delicious!
Recipe 1: Butter Bun
- Knead the dough into a ball shape
- Roll it out with a rolling pin
- Put the butter in the dough, squeeze the seal tightly
- Roll into a ball shape, bake it at 180C preheated oven and for 18 minutes.
Your butter buns are now done! Soft and delicious, perfect to be paired with a cup of coffee or tea!
Recipe 2: Fine Sugar Butter Bun
- Knead into an oval shape
- When the dough is large, cut a straight line in the middle
- Apply butter and sprinkle fine sugar on top
- Bake it at 180C preheated oven for 18 minutes.
Voila! Your fine Sugar Butter Bun is done. A soft sugary treat that is perfect to bake for your family to eat!
Recipe 3: Meat Floss Bun
- Knead into an oval shape
- Wait for the dough to grow, then bake it at 180C preheated oven for 18 minutes
- After baked, spread mayonnaise
- Then sprinkle with meat floss
Done! Your Meat Floss buns are now ready to be served. The tasty meat floss and fluffy soft bun create the perfect combination!
Recipe 4: Tuna Bun
- Knead the dough into a small ball shape
- Then flatten it with a rolling pin
- Put the tuna inside, pinch the seal, and knead it into a ball shape.
- Apply a little mayonnaise and sprinkle some oregano in the middle of the dough surface to improve the appearance, and then bake it at 180C preheated oven for 18 minutes.
Voila! Your delicious Tuna Bun is now done! Tuna lovers will definitely love this~
Recipe 5: Cream Cheese Bun
- Roll the dough into a ball
- Then roll it out with a rolling pin
- Put cream cheese inside, and then knead the dough into a ball
- When the dough becomes big, put a slice of cheese on it and bake it at 180C preheated oven for 18 minutes.
Your cream cheese bun is done! Take a bite and feel the cream cheese ooze into your mouth.
Recipe 6: Cheese Bread Sticks
- Divide the dough into three equal sizes
- Tie the three doughs together with a braid style
- When the dough grows large, sprinkle cheddar cheese and fine granulated sugar on top.
- Bake it at 180c preheated oven for 18 minutes.
Voila! Your Cheese Bread Sticks are now done! Cheesy and delicious, it will be gone within seconds!
Recipe 7: Hot Dog Bun
- Roll the dough into long strips
- Turn around the hot dog
- Let the dough surround the whole hot dog
- Bake it at 180C preheated oven for 18 minutes
Tadaa!! Your Hot Dog Buns are now done. You can never go wrong with hot dogs. It’s perfect to bake as a snack for kids!
That was the last recipe! Which one did you make? Feel free to share your creations with us! With our guidance, you can bake yourself some failed-proof and yummy bread to eat. Take the pressure off yourself and bake worry-free. But if your bread isn’t turning out the way it should, don’t hesitate to ask for help in our friendly community group! We are always ready to tend to your baking needs.
If you are an aspiring baker, you can head on over here for more of our variety of tips and tricks and dessert recipes that are sure to help you in your baking journey. If you’re a social media enthusiast, you can stay updated through our Facebook.