Chocolate tornado cake has been the talk of the town over the last couple of months due to its decadent chocolatey nature. This cake has been everyone’s favourite regardless of age groups.
Although looks very intricate, but it is surprisingly simple! It started off with a chocolate cake as a base, cream cheese frosting and topped off with chocolate ganache!
Would you like to know how to make it? Recipe as follows;
Ingredients for the cake:
Eggs – 5
Fine Sugar – 1 cup
Vanilla Essence – 1 tsp
Condensed Milk – ½ cup
Margarine Liquid – 1 cup
Wheat Flour – 1½ cup
Cocoa Powder – 1 cup
Baking Powder – 1 tsp
Bicarbonate Soda – ½ tsp
A pinch of salt
Hot Water – ½ cup
Steps for Chocolate Cake:
- Combine eggs, sugar and vanilla essence. Stir well with a spoon or whisk.
- Then add condensed milk and margarine.
- In another container, mix material B. Then add material B to the material A and stir well.
- Add hot water and stir again until no flour is available.
- Put the dough in a small container and steam for 30 minutes or until cooked through.
Ingredients for Cheese Topping:
Cheese Tatura – 250
Condensed Milk – 3 tbsp
Non-dairy Whipping Cream – 1/2 cup
Fresh Milk – 1/4 cup
Steps for Cheese Topping:
- Put cheese and condensed milk in mixer and whisk thoroughly.
- Then add cold whipping cream and whisk until fluffy.
- Once fluffy, add the fresh milk and whisk again.
- Take a ready-to-cook cake and spread the cheese topping over the cake evenly.
- Then, remove the chocolate ganache in the fridge and pour over the layer cheese. Sprinkle desired toppings according to your taste
Ingredients for Chocolate Ganache:
Milk Chocolate – 500g
Dairy Whipping Cream – 1 cup
Margarine – 1 tbsp
Steps for Chocolate Ganache:
- Combine all ingredients and dilute with a double-boiler method.
- Stir until smooth and silky.
- Then, cool briefly in a baking pan.
Surprisingly easy, is it not? We really hope you guys do try this out and let us know what you guys think in the comment section below.
In the meantime, if you’re interested in baking, or want to learn more about baking or dessert recipes and tips and tricks- head on over here or browse through an array of both of our online and offline classes.