A tart is a baked dish consisting of a filling over a pasrty base with an open top. The filling may be sweet or savoury, though modern tarts are usually fruit-based or sometimes with custard. A miniature tart, like egg tarts or our chocolate brownie tart right here, can sometimes be called a tartlet, but for convenience they are mostly called tarts as well. Tarts are often served as an appetizer or dessert, a versatile and delicious treat. As time and recipes evolve, people have come out with many unique tart recipes or even combine them with other desserts! This chocolate brownie tart is good example of it.
If you love brownies and tarts, then you should definitely try this recipe out! This recipe makes a crisp butter tart crust paired with a fudgy moist chocolate brownie. It’s easy to make and the great combination makes it taste delicious as a result! Moreover, topping it with chocolate chips just enhances the chocolatey flavour! It’s a perfect dessert for all chocolate lovers. Besides that, you don’t even need an electronic mixer for this recipe, just whisking it with your hands is enough, so simple and easy! The small size makes it a great dessert option for parties and gatherings as well, or maybe just an after-meal treat for your family. Truly a great dessert worth sharing with all your friends!
Cake flour 50g
All purpose flour 125g
Vegetable oil 40g
Fine Sugar 152g
Dark Cooking Chocolate 125g
Unsalted Butter 115g
Cocoa Powder 25g
Salt 1/4 tsp
Egg 3 nos
- Mix all purpose flour, fine sugar, salt and unsalted butter together. Add egg yolk and continue to mix until well
- Grease mould with butter and align dough into mould.
- Poke the dough with a fork. Bake at 170c for 10 minutes.
- Melt dark chocolate, butter and vegetable oil on low heat.
- In another bowl, whisk 2 eggs and fine sugar.
- Then add chocolate mixture and continue to mix.
- Add flour, cocoa powder and salt and mix well.
- Pour mixture into the tart shell and add chocolate chips as toppings. Bake at 180c for 20-25 minutes.
Tadaa! Your Chocolate Brownie Tarts are now done! With our guidance, you can get yourself a failed-proof and yummy dessert. Take the pressure off yourself and bake worry-free. But if your desserts aren’t turning out the way it should, don’t hesitate to ask for help in our friendly community group! We are always ready to tend to your baking needs.
If you are an aspiring baker, you can head on over here for more of our variety of tips and tricks and dessert recipes that are sure to help you in your baking journey. If you’re a social media enthusiast, you can stay updated through our Facebook.