Rice cakes are a popular snack in many Asian countries, because they are easy to make and taste delicious. Most rice cakes, like tteokbokki, don’t have any filling, and are eaten by dipping it into sauce, but what if we changed it up a little? Let me introduce our Cheese Roasted Rice Cakes! Made with a delicious cheesy filling in the middle, it is a perfect treat for all cheese lovers everywhere. You know what’s even better? You only need 3 ingredients to make it! So what are you waiting for, let’s get started!
Water – 80g
Glutinous Rice Flour – 100g
Cheese Slices – (to your likings)
1. Sift the glutinous rice flour first, then pour water to mix them, and knead them into a soft dough
2. Divide into equal portions of dough according to the size you want.
3. Take out one small dough and flatten it, then slowly knead it up
4. You can put the cheese slices in the dough, and then shape the dough into a rectangle.
5. Pour a little oil in a frying pan and slowly simmer on low heat until both sides are golden yellow.
6. Fry until the cheese mochi swells up, then it is done.
7. Sprinkle with soy bean powder or anything according to your preferences.
8. Cheese roasted rice cake is ready to be serve!
Voila! It is ready to serve! Rice cakes are already delicious on their own, but if you bake it with cheese in the middle it becomes heaven in your mouth! Bite into it and let the delicious melted cheese take over your senses. With our guidance, you can get yourself a failed-proof and yummy dessert. Take the pressure off yourself and bake worry-free. But if your rice cakes aren’t turning out the way it should, don’t hesitate to ask for our help here or join our helpful community.
If you’re a new baker that wants to learn more, you can head on over here for more of our tips and tricks and dessert recipes that are sure to help you in your baking journey! You can also join our Online and Offline classes and get guidance from our experienced instructors! Check out our Facebook page to stay updated with us!