Layered cakes is pleasant to the eyes but it can take quite some time to put together. Pound cake on the other hand is a classic dessert that just goes with every thing – subbing in for breakfast, snack, or as dessert. Combining both layered cake and pound cake, let’s make this 3 layered pound cake that has the prettiness of layer cakes without having to deal with the mess. This buttery pound cake also offers extra visual appeal that will call out to everyone. Adding chocolate and cocoa to the base recipe of vanilla pound cake, you end up with 3 layers: a rich chocolate base layer, a lighter cocoa layer, topped with traditional vanilla cake.
Granulated sugar – 80g
Low gluten flour – 100g
Baking powder 1/2 tsp
Salt – 1/4 tsp
Cocoa powder – 2 tsp
Milk – 40g
Dark chocolate – 30g
Vanilla extract – 1 tsp
Butter – 125g
Eggs – 2 nos
1. Mix 2 whole egg, 40g milk and 1tsp vanilla extract together.
2. Beat 80g sugar, 1/4tsp salt, 100g cake flour, 1/2tsp baking powder, 125g butter together using a mixer.
3. Add in the egg liquid into the mixer once at a time.
4. Soften 30g dark chocolate using double boiling method and mix with 1tsp of cocoa powder.
5. Add the previous mixture together with the chocolate mixture and mix well.
6. Pour the mixture into a pan for a bottom layer.
7. In the middle layer, just mix 2 tablespoon of cocoa powder and half of the remaining mixture and pour into the mold.
8. Finally pour the remaining mixture into the mold and bake 160°c for 40 to 45 minutes.
Voila! This tasty pound cake is ready to be devoured and served. We guarantee your wait would be worth it as it tastes really delicious that one slice won’t be enough! With our guidance, you can get yourself a failed-proof and yummy dessert. Take the pressure off yourself and bake worry-free. But you if your cakes aren’t turning out the way it should, don’t hesitate to ask for our help join and ask for the opinions of our helpful community! Both lines are always ready to tend to your baking needs.
If you are an aspiring baker, you can head on over here for more of our variety of tips and tricks and dessert recipes that are sure to help you in your baking journey. You are welcomed to join our online and offline classes, too! If you’re a social media enthusiast, you can stay updated through our Facebook.