What is waterfall abseiling? The term may seem unknown to a lot of people but it practically means climbing down the waterfall by using full safety gear and of course, with an experienced guide. Why would anyone try to risk their lives and purposely walk down those wet and slippery slope when they could have gone on a much safer route down the mountains? Well, for adventure seekers, this is their favourite action-packed activity with friends and will get their adrenaline rushing!
Let us have a brief outlook on how these thrill seekers do waterfall abseiling and what are the different stages of preparation exercise they need to go through before completing one of their top-rated wishlists.
- Getting familiar with the movement involved in waterfall abseiling, that is to practice the tricks of normal abseiling down a dry rocky cliff to get a feel how the feeling of abseiling is like.
- Learning and mastering the use of a device called the descender where the user will need to use for smooth descending down any cliffs and of course, waterfalls. The particular metal contraption is normally used to keep the abseiler safe and allows him to abseil at a controlled pace. However, care must be taken care of when dealing with different descender devices as all of them may have different functions and working principles.
- Familiar yourself with finding the right place to step on is crucial as you would not want to have an untoward incident occur when the rock beneath you give way. So, learning to carefully scan which foothold will be the most assured place to land your footing is one of the most important skill.
- Have faith and lean back! Well, honestly, the feeling of leaning back down a normal slope is very different than having your back to the mouth of the waterfall. The courage needed is harder to come by and you need to beef up your confidence in achieving this.
- Allow the descender rope to hold most of your body weight as your body will become heavier coupled with the fluctuating weight created by the gushing water down the cliff. You would not want to let your legs carry most of the weight as the slippery slope might cause you to lose footing and end up hurting your knees. Generally, the function of the legs is akin to the rudder in a ship – to control direction.
- Buckle up and enjoy or brave the cold and refreshing mountain water!
Learn to do waterfall abseiling in Malaysia on My Weekend Plan and have your thrill-seeking appetite whetted! There are several sessions available in KL and Selangor area where you could start a new hobby or challenge yourself by doing something different and exciting! Do not worry about the safety and your untrained limbs as there are professional and experienced guides to look after you. Just enjoy the fun and have a hearty afternoon washed in pure refreshing delight abseiling down the waterfall!
Stop over at our site and take a look at the different waterfall abseiling session available on My Weekend Plan! Feel free to contact us if you wish to get more details on the availability of sessions and fees.
For more information regarding waterfall abseiling in Malaysia, take a look at our gallery here as well.